I didn't have problems with XP home edition and JAWS, but I don't know about JAWS with XP Professional.  Probably it's best to contact Freedom Scientific Technical Support via phone or email: [log in to unmask].

- Jackie McCraw

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Thompson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 1:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Magic and JAWS authorization difficulties

I've experienced difficulties with Freedom Scientific's authorization for Magic and JAWS when running on an XP Professional platform. While the program will install, I cannot get the key disk to complete the authorization. I have already verified prior to this placing the authorization in the A drive that there are installation keys remaining on the disk. I have also disabled the antivirus software prior to beginning the installation.
Has anyone been successful in getting the PC to complete the authorization?
Thanks!
Steve Thompson, Rock Valley College Library
--------------------------- Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics: http://easi.cc/clinic.htm EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi Online courses and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm >>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<< -> . . . . . . . . . <-