In a message dated 12/12/2003 10:28:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
I forget if you mentioned when you first told us of your schoolhouse purchase what the basic construction of the building is--is it all old wood frame with plaster walls and ceilings or the newer concrete/tile block institutional style?  Will you be appearing on HGTV's "Extreme Homes?"
...seemed nice enough, kind of unassuming.  He heard me give a talk on old buildings.  Said to me "you should really be on television".   I get this type of remark with some frequency, and uniformly disregard it (Also "you should write a book" is another remark sure to point you to near-instant poverty).  He said it again.  Trying the change the subject, I asked him what type of work  he did.  He said something about running some kind of network, I guessed some kind of email intranet for some small company.  I'm always trying to improve my poor knowledge of some things and I pressed him what kind of network.  He said, "Well, first Sony, then CBS, then PAX."

Sign me,  Coming Soon To A Boob Tube Near You