In a message dated 12/6/2003 7:25:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Are you telling us that you cannot find a scanner at the Summit Mall? Or
are you telling us that your optical capacities do not go beyond the
technology of your extensive collection of binoculars? I'll bet you Mint
Julip will be able to scan your photo.
Ken,

Thanks for the MoTown reference, especially the failure to match chimney pots and ridge tile.  Hadn't thought of GFRC for this, which might be a good cherce, as we say in Joisey.

As to the scanner issue (pronounced iss-you), I am sitting next to a Summit Mall scanner, which for reasons unknown managed to set itself up using Windows XP, but last time I tried to use it, was incommunicado.  I shall try again, and no doubt fail, but I'm used to that.  Sigh.  [Needless to say, I have no manual for the scanner, and thus no real idea how the hell it should work, and it gives me an "unspecified error."]

Ralph