Abdoulie,

This is an interesting article and your analysis of the situation is very good. This case of Baba is an interesting development. In paper and in the courts, he is charged of owing Government about D97 million, but this is not enough to to detain some one in police for 24 hours. Besides, it is not him personally who owes Government but THE YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ENTERPRISE LTD (YDE), the YDE is a limited liability company. He is not a share holder according to the papers at the registrer of companies, however he is the chairman of the board. They (YDE) have also made a payment plan to settle the amount and have issued a some posted cheques some of which have already cleared. He was charged along with the Managing Director of the company, Baba Kanteh.

Most people believe there is more to this. With what is presented in court, he will work and pay (pay when able), something he is already doing.

We are all waiting for more developments to come so that we can make some sense out of this case. There are all kinds of rumours and guess work, but only President Jammeh knows what going on and what he is doing.

Any how it is an inetersting political issue to debate and analyse and as you can imagine all political pundits in are trying to make something out of this. Time will tell.

PEACE

Tombong Saidy