From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: RLWALTR
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:43:24 EDT
Subject: Non-Blackout Non-News from Summit
To: [log in to unmask]
CC: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],

--part2_112.274fc531.2c6d86ac_boundary

There were no problems of any consequence for me with today's blackout.

Seconds after I got off the subway on my way from my office to the Port
Authority Bus Terminal (at the usual time, I might add), the lights in the Times
Square subway station flickered out.  I got my trusty little Maglite flashlight
out of my briefcase, turned it on (the batteries worked!), and walked on out
of the subway station up into the afternoon sunlight and saw that the building
lights and traffic lights on 42nd Street were all off, and walked another
block to the Port Authority.

Lights and power inside there were also off (except for minimal emergency
lighting), so I walked up the escalators to my bus gate, got on the bus, and came
home.  We could see during the bus ride that traffic lights were out in New
York and most of northern NJ,  and that there didn't seem to be any plane
traffic to or from Newark Airport, but power was on in Summit when my bus got here,
and all was in order at home.

That is all the news I have to report.  Mollie and Debbie are on their way up
to Vermont this afternoon to pick up Michael at camp, and I have not heard
from them, but will forward their report upon receipt.

Over and out.

Ralph

--part2_112.274fc531.2c6d86ac_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B>There were no problems of any co=
nsequence for me with today's blackout. <BR>
<BR>
Seconds after I got off the subway on my way from my office to the Port Auth=
ority Bus Terminal (at the usual time, I might add), the lights in the Times=
 Square subway station flickered out.&nbsp; I got my trusty little Maglite f=
lashlight out of my briefcase, turned it on (the batteries worked!), and wal=
ked on out of the subway station up into the afternoon sunlight and saw that=
 the building lights and traffic lights on 42nd Street were all off, and wal=
ked another block to the Port Authority.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Lights and power inside there were also off (except for minimal emergency li=
ghting), so I walked up the escalators to my bus gate, got on the bus, and c=
ame home.&nbsp; We could see during the bus ride that traffic lights were ou=
t in New York and most of northern NJ,&nbsp; and that there didn't seem to b=
e any plane traffic to or from Newark Airport, but power was on in Summit wh=
en my bus got here, and all was in order at home.<BR>
<BR>
That is all the news I have to report.&nbsp; Mollie and Debbie are on their=20=
way up to Vermont this afternoon to pick up Michael at camp, and I have not=20=
heard from them, but will forward their report upon receipt. <BR>
<BR>
Over and out.<BR>
<BR>
Ralph</B></FONT></HTML>

--part2_112.274fc531.2c6d86ac_boundary--