I am a perfectionist by nature. Each morning, when I look at myself in the mirror I see things to improve...

Hello friends on the list.  I have been accepted to the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.  I was looking forward to going however, I got a flyer in the mail saying tuition got raised by 4.5% across the board and a $1,000 increase on the out of state tuition rate.

I did some research and the tuition rate for out of state students is $25,000 not including spending money for Illinois..  In contrast the university of Arizona will cost me $23,000 including spending money.  If I subtract the spending money the university of Arizona is  $7,000 cheaper.

I guess my question is how accessible is the University of Arizona?  If I go to Illinois  it would put a financial strain on my parents.  I think we could afford it, but it would be tight.  I guess what I am saying should I still go to Illinois even though it is $7,000 more?  In terms of academics how does Illinois compare to Arizona?  A lot of my friends say the west is more open minded about people with disabilities.

Keep in mind DHR does not pay for my education.  According to them we have to much money in savings for them to help me.

Many thanks,

Jan

Then, I look at other people and realize my life is not half bad...