In a message dated 7/11/2003 9:43:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

Interesting article in this month's Discover magazine about a family (can I
think of their name at the moment???) that encouraged marrying cousins to
keep the wealth where it started

Pam,

Sounds like the Habsburgs to me, although two of my paternal grandmother's
cousins did exactly that, and I think it had the desired result as far as wealth was concerned.  At the moment, I don't remember whether they had children, but I think they did, and that the money stuck to them, too.

Ralph (from the genetically diverse, cash-poor [that came out "sash-poor" the first time] side).