South River Miso called me back. They do make GF miso soups
such as chickpeas and brown rice and azuki beans and brown rice
however they also manufacture a barley flavor in the same vats.

they assured me the vats are scrubbed and drained but could this
be a potential hazard of cross contamination or am i being
paranoid?

they also told me that they are only shipping the product for one more
week this year. guess they stop production for the summer.

Steve