Recent response from Johnson&Johnson for those concerned about gluten "put-
ons as well as "put-ins":

Thank you for contacting the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies
Information Center.  It is always important to hear from our consumers, and
we appreciate the time you have taken to contact us.

Our BAND-AID* Brand Adhesive bandages are gluten free.

Again, thank you for your interest in our company.  Please call our
toll-free number should you have any comments or questions in the future.
Also, be sure to visit our websites for additional information on our
products.