Or the mud could be Ken throwing mud in the enemy's face.

Pam: No active throwing. I saw it as more like dipping an icecream cone in
hot chocolate. The snake gets hung up at Besemer from a branch off one of the
young trees lining the rear yard. I had left the snake outside the basement
door to the left as you exit up on top of the drystone walled garden. When I
pulled on the fishline I pulled the snake out of a myrtle bed, and that is
when I found it blinded with a gray mud... more like blue clay actually. Only
the head of the snake was covered. ][<en