I am very new to this list, so I apologize in advance if this question has been previously discussed. I did briefly check out the archive but had some troubles navigating through it.

I had a call from a librarian who is seeking advice about adaptive technology. She has budget for only item, either a screen reader or a screen magnifier. She was wondering if it was best to go with a magnifier since some of the newer versions include a speech reader. Would this be the best solution to stretch her budget or are the screen readers that come with magnifiers of less value than a dedicated screen reader?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth
Elizabeth O'Brien
Coordinator of Digital Collections and Services
Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB)

1929 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4G 3E8
Tel: (416) 480-7433  Fax: (416) 480-7700
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]       www.cnib.ca