Hi all, and Happy New Year,

I wrote quite some time ago regarding celiacs who have no physical symptoms.  I was diagnosed by blood test alone, after my father was diagnosed (he is highly sensitive).  I had a lot of doubt about whether I should be on the diet or not, and although I'd decided that I really should, I have been careful but not strict.

An update - in the middle of the year I had a huge amount of stress coming from all corners.  I can safely say I'm starting to have typical celiac symptoms.  A month ago I ate something which turned out to have wheat noodles in it, and that woke me up to some occassional stomach troubles I'd had over the previous few months.

Moral of the story, I don't know if a positive blood test means you need to be on a gluten free diet in the absence of other symptoms, but don't doubt it means you have celiac - it may just be matter of time (unless you're lucky!).

Best regards to all, I hope you had a great holiday season.

Ingrid.