Ian writes:

<<Anyone had a run-in with this search engine\spyware program?  I ran across
it today on a customer's W98\IE 5.5 machine, where it was set as his
homepage.>>

Check startup chain for any strange (probably meaningless) startup
commands. Could possibly be hidden or disguised in Msconfig, so manually
check all the usual registry "Run" keys, also for any odd autoexec.bat
files, Win.ini entries or similar.

Also check Regedit/Current Users/Software/Ms/ Internet Explorer/Main for
any unwanted entries. Though changing the Start Page entry usually won't
prevent it from reappearing, there could be another entry in there, though
most likely it will be found in the Run sections.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com