Hi,
I well understand your frustration with the medical community. I bounced around from doctor to doctor until I stumbled on to Dr. Kenneth Fine's web site and his laboratory. I ordered the tests for my sister and I online and paid for them myself. It was expensive but it was worth it to finally get some answers. Dr. Fine was head of Baylor University Hospital's gastrointestinal division for about ten years. He is now doing research and has the lab. He also is the medical guru for the local celiac association. He is a an MD but far from your typical one! He gave me lab test results and interpretations that I needed and when I had questions he answered me and pointed me in the right direction. Interestingly enough, he told me I didn't need a doctor - I needed to stay away from gluten! Another lab test from York Nutritional Lab and I determined that casein was a problem for my sister and lactose for me. That's when I eliminated dairy as well as gluten.

I had chest pains that would come on very suddenly and were excruciating. They went away very quickly and no other symptom appeared with them. I also had fatigue and was having a terrible time with that. Other than that, no symptoms. The chest pains sound like it should scream heart attack but they were not in the "right" location and even fooled several doctors. I did not have a heart attack. I was scheduled for a heart catherization and when they determined I was allergic to shellfish, I had to be admitted to the hospital. They discovered 80-90% blockage in one artery and 70% in another and the bypass was done the next day.  I'm still not so sure that the sludge in my arteries was not caused by food allergies. I may be way off base on that but I'm thinking....

Please email me at [log in to unmask] if I can help you in any way. I've tried to keep this short since this list is dedicated to the "No-Milk" topic.

Best to you and your wife,

Pat

--- Sharon Dipprey