In a message dated 10/1/2002 3:54:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> it is simply one of those things that is worth doing, damn the torpedoes.

Cuyler is right.  On the other hand, there's something to be said for saving
your ammunition for targets you can hit and battles you can win.

I was walking through Penn Station in NY yesterday, thinking as I do every
time that the railings of the stairways down to the tracks are all that
remains of one the greatest buildings in the world (was it really? I never
saw it), but that the loss of the building made the Landmarks law possible.

Sign me,

Wish E. Washy