In a message dated 10/28/2002 5:53:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

#2  What's the "bridge effect" of real cork flooring. Not as good as your floor is lumpy, Clarence. I have a slightly lumpy subfloor - 2 parts nice smooth concrete, one part old maple strip flooring.  There is a grade change - maybe 1/8"? - from the removal of an intermediate wall separating these two floors, when I combined the old maid's room with the kitchen. Gotta eliminate it; flashpatch or something to feather out the unevenness over a foot or so. The old tile made it OK, although after a few years you could see some cracks.  What did you expect? As with painting, and everything else in life, it's all in the preparation.

Ralph

PS--Let's not have any more disparaging remarks about unmarried female hominids.  Or we'll start getting 'em about married male hominids, and we all get enough of THAT at home, now don't we?