In a message dated 10/24/2002 12:01:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

Ken, to where do you shovel the snow from the top of a 75" high building?

C,

Good question. You shovel it to in front of the very large torpedo heater where it is quickly turned into water and routed through the one drain line that we made temporary functional. Snow load was one thing, but there was also natural melt that went where it felt like going. Right up to the day before Cuomo & Eisner did the press conference there was water running down through the interior of the building, falling water through corridors etc., as the drains either did not work, or were broken. Rather majestic effect I thought. It was snowing heavily through part of the gig and seemed an odd task at the time. Though we were working double time to control the snow and water we were in the dark as to why so much attention was being paid to one more empty theater building up until after the press conference. I particularly like problems where we can apply simple solutions combined w/ logistics & knowledge of the terrain. A backbone of our business has been involved with the movement of water through a masonry structure. Keeping the theaters from falling down has been an interesting challenge.

][<en