From: only great work is done in monkish silence [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ralph Walter
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 12:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Pidgeons

Leland,

From my talk with the famous Jack Wagner prior to the New York Athletic Club, which had some serious pigeon probs, he recommended netting.  The Club chickened out on some of the netting, so where they didn't net an open loggia about 9 floors up, they still have pigeons. We also installed horizontal netting in some areas, which seems to be a nice place for the little boids to sit (and shit), but at least the bastards don't nest below it, or fall through it dead.  The size of the netting has to be worked out, to be sure it keeps out the size birds you have, but isn't too dense (I've forgotten why that's a problem).

Brooklyn Boro Hall had an electric noise device (about the size of a coffee can) installed in its cupola to keeep the winged rats out, which seemed to have worked initially; whether it still does, I don't know.  I can't find the spec which had the name of this thing, but it's now 15 years old anyway.  Jack Wagner is the guy to talk to about all this stuff.

Ralph