Have NEC Ready 9840 233MHz. Put in sleep mode 3 days ago and have
spent 3 days trying to escape the switch. When I switch on the
keyboard and the cdrom blink and a led on the front cover continues
to blink. Fan runs. I have stripped it to only essentials and tried
replacing the battery. She is still asleep and winking at me. Any
advice will be welcome.