In a message dated 8/21/02 9:02:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

Let me guess, the suit shrank?

You're absolutely right, although it hasn't been laundered in 30 years.  These modern fabrics aren't the same as they were in the Olden Days of our yout'.

In "Life With Mother," Clarence Day Jr talks about how his father (my starring role in Jr Hi, back when I was a Thespian, before I became a Architect) in his old age would order new custom made suits from England, and send the tailor the necessary measurements, taken years before.  Somehow the tailors kept making the damn suits too small.

As I always say, the more things change, the less they stay the same.

Philosopher Czar