In a message dated 8/22/2002 12:34:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

You can love her if you want, but I don't.

Ralph,

I was not ready to go quite that far... what I said was that we/Apple have been treated fairly. It is not always the case, sometimes bitterly, and when it is not the case I hesitate to say anything in public. I figure people will make their own reputations without too much help from me.

My crazy neighbor, whom I detest very much, welcomes all newcomers to the neighborhood and quickly tells them to avoid the madman on the corner (me -- if only he had not kidnapped our dog so many years ago). After a few weeks the newcomers figure out who is crazy, get to meet Kathy, and eventually come over to  meet me. If I put a big sign up in the yard (actually I have been thinking about making a dancing bear out of bricks to go next to the iris and the crabapple) it would not do quite so well to inform the neighbors as for me to leave my crazy unHampton neighbor alone.

][<en