In a message dated 8/20/2002 3:21:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Styrene is an inherently UV-unstable material which will discolor and break
> down mechanically outdoors. It's DOA, as far as I'm concerned.

Michael,

I was thinking Kemperol with the 50 (??) year warranty. Used not only on
parking decks but as a roofing membrane on the top of the Empire State
Building, the Pan Am (Met Life) building and on water containment and dams in
Washington State. Is this what you are refering to as UV-unstable?

Very much thanks for the definition of elastomeric... previously I thought it
was just another snake-oil term.

][<en