I think the trusted and capable party like the UDP under the leadership of Ousainou Dardo, should do more to impress their supporters and well wishers than this mare expulsion of Juwa Juwara from the party. However, accountability and transparency of the kind of government people are crying for, should be noticed from the time as an opposition. This again shows the people that Dardo is from the mainstream politic and can mean he will be corrupt as well as the previous ones.

Once again, if UDP cannot clear their accountability saga, I don't think Gambians should trust them anymore. I for on, think expelling Juwara should be the last thing. We should be alarmed and awake from our sleepless slumber and in-hale the air that is overshadowing the new world as true democracy. Power to the people Accountability and transparency with rules of law. Again a member of a party should not be expelled due to his noticing and talking of corrupt practices undertaken by his/her party before investigation to prove him/her wrong. In this way, true democracy will prevailed to both party members and the general public.

Again, if the party members are afraid to speak their mind on party principles if "mis-managed", due to fear of getting fired, this will reflect to the general public too hence their representative will only say what is good to hear or what the government will tolerate. Meaning, if one is treated bad or is against some of the government policies, will never be represented even if the person or a group is a dead supporter of the party, hence as a supporter, they expect you to abide by all the deeds, whether (good or bad) of the government.

We can see from the meetings of our presidents whereby everyone have to clap no booing even if the remarks are bad due to fear. The kinds of political moralities should be addressed from the grass root and practice by oppositions to free their people and sensitize them for the future to give them power to learn when to say know without hindrance.
Edi

Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~