In a message dated 7/16/02 7:53:07 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>What is the term for the condition where an individual sees their own
>condition in others, but not themselves?

Kyle,

    I believe you are referring to the ego defense mechanism of projection,
wherein the person projects their own traits to others. Transference and
countertransference are actually related to therapy. Transference is where
the patient (client) projects relates to the therapist as if the therapist
was his parent figure. Countertransference is where the therapist does the
same to the patient(client).

Bobby