Interested in knowing how your library is using assistive technology

Hello All,

I am preparing a presentation on assitive technology in libraries.  One of the topics I would like to address is how libraries are acquiring and using assistive technology and what are some of the issues/challenges in making services available to those with disabilities.  I was hoping that you might be able to help me by answering the following questions.

What types of adaptive technology is your library using?  (you can just list the general types of items like screen reading software, voice recognition software, etc....

What are some of the challenges you have with assistive technology? (examples might be lack of use, costs of equipment, PR, etc...)

How were you able to budget for this type of technology?  (examples might include grants, line item in budget, part of tech budget, leveraging of other funds--e-rate)

What suggestions would you give other libraries that are in the process of integrating assistive technology into their exsisting services?

It would be great if I could get responses by August 2nd.  I realize this is short notice, so whatever you can contribute is wonderful!

Thanks in advance!

Rose

Rose Nelson
Technology Consultant