I upgraded from Me to XP. Programs are all in C:\Programs where they should
be but don't show in Start--Programs under an administrator account, my
account or another's account. After reinstalling M$ Works and Word in the
admin. account they showed up in Start--Programs, but not in my account or
another's account. After reinstalling Works and Word in another's account,
the programs showed up in Start--Programs in another's account, but not in
mine. I thought the upgrade was supposed to keep user's settings. Also
numerous icons are missing from the desktop. Is there a fix?

Jeff VanderAa

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com