Dr Saine

Congrats and welcome back.

I enjoyed your well written post and am sure the information is a treasure for those of us that have not gone back for a while.

If you do not mind I have a few questions that you or anyone on the list can feel free to answer

1. What did Dr Momodou Manneh do to be so brutally beaten by who & when ? .I am really surprised at this news . Was it suppressed / We were good friends here in the early seventies when he was going to school in New jersey and when he returned back to the Gambia he eventually becamwhatminister ( Economic Planning ) but was later maltreated by Jawara also.I am just curious as to waht transpired and how one can get a report of his conditions now.

2.Who is supposed to pick the trash of Ibo Town that was uncollected for weeks- ?Bodofel ?  any rats as a result of this?

3. You mentioned human rights violations - who or what independent agency records them

4.. You mentioned that cash remmitances through western Union totalled $21 million dollars did you men dalasis or dollars- as twenty one million dollars seems too high for a year. I know that we all send money home monthly to our loved ones but 21 million dollars?

5 You mentioned about Gambia College's computer and internet facilities . Do they have T 1 lines or just broad brand (dsl) ??

6. you mentioned that a newly nominated member warned that the assembly was not a university nor a place to show off book knowledge( another kebba Leigh) who was this person? just curious

7.lastly you mentioned that many banks have special foreign currency accounts to protect investments from the effects of sliding dalasi. How does this work and who is entitled to such accounts.

Finally , I think your stratigic advise to Gambians abroad as to what to do while they are out is a good one  but my humble opinion is this until and unless we have dual citizen ship and be able to  vote fro the US , we will all be discouraged from such ventures?

Thanks again Dr and welcome . We miised you this year at the ALD. I did not make the symposium due the Ghana Airways delays - my sister was leaving and we we stuch at BWI  as usual.

Food for thought

Will our children who were not born in the Gambia be able to vote ( if one of the parents are gambian)

HDG