Hello,

I don't think your suggestion for an alternate forum for the unhappy is the best solution.  You have to remember that Gambia-L is at its peak and wasn't brought to this level by the list managers alone, neither have the supposed private owners clearly conditioned all subscribers to accept all their actions and decisions as part of a membership deal.  We all have rights !!

I didn't follow the trail that led to Mboge being expunged but read where he called someone a dickhead; which is more or less colloquial in our environment (London). People hardly take offence and joke about the word.

Ofcourse it is wrong to allow the exchanges on this list to degenerate but it may be problematic to police certain things.  For that matter contributors should be expected to take own responsibility and debate with good manners.

Finally, I joined others and appeal for the reinstatement of Mboge & Co.

Njok Malik