Yours truly - Haruna.
From: "Yusupha C. Jow" <[log in to unmask]>
According to him, until 1997 the school was receiving D155, 000 as grant in
aid, but that was reduced to D137,004 in the intervening years. By the same
token he said, tuition fees, which used to be D250 was also slashed as the
school was mandated to subsidize students’ WAEC examination fees. ‘All
these, have interplayed to confine the school to a tight financial corner, so
severe to the extent that it owes about half a million Dalasis to its
bankers, NAWEC, and WAEC, among other institutions’ he revealed. He said for
the first time in the history of the school, staff salaries were being
delayed.
He appealed to the government, NGOs, businesses and public-spirited
individuals to assist the school financially to prevent it from going
bankrupt. Deliberating on the theme, ‘Gratitude’, the guest speaker, Justice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~