George, I think you have a brilliant idea. Not only will it save the in-boxes of subscribers, It may save the L critical process time. Along with that benefit of course, L-management will lose a little control power over subscribers and subscription, which amy affect the value of a list manager. When a cost-benefit analysis is done on your idea though, it will prove more beneficial to information processing and dissemination than the bruised egos.

Like you, I think L-managers past and present have undertaken an honourable and selfless challenge. Over time, the challenge has evolved into a sort of club of Gardien de Pays, which is valuable for cohesion. So keeping that corps but making membership based solely on merit will ensure its continued value.

I couldn't frigging care less who owns the L. I know whoever owns it better treat subscribers like customers or patrons and not act like they are doing them a favor. I agree with Bovaman number one (Camara-lye) that anyone can create a Listserv. However, there is no need for that if this listserv can be dynamic. There is only one L. Let's keep it that way. Yus' comments can be taken as opportunity for improvement, not confrontation. I have to agree the Jaiteh Kundanko must be hurried to the links. Then again he may be so good that he'll threaten Tiger. I can't have that. So stay put Malanding. Just get some sleep and relax.

Les plus importants transformations sont les modifications "accidentelles".
Yours truly - Haruna.

"Let me elaborate a little; say I use [log in to unmask]&msg=MSG1021499411.80&start=1758899&len=6333&src=&type=x">[log in to unmask] (as my dummy e-mail
address), and provided it is subscribed by List managers tp the G_L, I can
use this online form and send all my postings. Since this is a dummy e-
mail account, you won't be able to receive mails, but who needs to when
you have the G_L archives. Besides the whole idea behind this is to avoid
clogging your inbox. I don't know about you but I like to be able to send
and read from the archives than going through gazillion e-mails in one
ibox. You may inadvertently miss an important e-mail as a result of bulky
G_L  e-mails cloggging your inbox daily."