In a message dated 3/15/2002 1:45:12 PM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

What, pray tell, are mausoleum shutters?  Are they like Venetian blinds, or Congoleum floors?  Only less durable?

Ralph

Shutters are the front insert over the above ground tomb, so to speak.  It's where they carve the name and dates, and hang a flower vase.  A single is usually 3'X3' and 2 cm in thickness.  A pain in the backside if you ask me, but I was not breathing at the time they selected the material.  Guess you could say I was dead, but would rather term it, not born yet.
Mark