In a message dated 3/12/2002 9:59:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Good, but .. do I want a wooden flagpole? Can I - or anyone - tell the
> difference?

I would recommend aluminum. It is slightly cheaper and requires far less
maintenance. You can get these in just about any size. Our organization
ordered one two years ago and we have another on the way which both will
eventually end up in our local Victorian cemetery and both are 28' tall. We
ordered the heavy duty model which will withstand hurricane force winds
(without flag). Wooden poles are usually square in design and aluminum poles
are round.

Steve