Better now than ever > cooperation and understanding featuring better Gambia and willingness of her people to commit intellectually

Well My friend Joe, I can see you were looking for an elite to reply to me. However, Forget about what others say but what you think about issue back home and what should done about them. You have however put your points without any strategic way out for the better Gambia.Because revising the trade issue does not say a thing. If for example, You have a key and I the padlock, we need to lock a box. I gave you my padlock and you lock the box and there was only one key, do you need me and my opinions to open the lock? The key represent industry and padlock resources the box agreements. think about that

However the case, The ordinary gambians were and are still the victims of the so called political champions. On the whole, They have been politicizing for their own good, and when going get thougher, they blame the ordinary people of being lazy of not taking the few boxes of cigarrette and matches and hit the road or go and fetch firewoods to sell like other foreigners do. If since, education was affordable for all people, interdepency will by now be at it’s minimal.

So let us stop blaming the ordinary gambian for what the politician mandated on them. However, everyone is a politician upon our own rights but I for one, am not a kin politician neither will i even try to think of becoming one especial African politic were everyone is eager for the power by fooling the people that they are with them, but if it is just a short course running , will hardly prove the last runner on the track.

Let us look into the west who are more industrilised then us, most of the cleaning jobs and dish washings are for foreigner no matter how educated you might be, and from the income we are able to help our folks back home and travel there ourselves. I think it is normal if the citizens reject doing certain jobs, and that do not proof their laziness but the laziness of the system that govern them.

In this Forum, some People are just tawdrily expressing thier fews against or for the government, who is thinking on behalf of the welbeing of the people on the ground ? for example my friend joe have being arguing on the ground of the US relationship with Gambia lifting, all at a sudden he change to blame the people for been lazy, is that not double standard course. Please people let us fight for the course of the people and the poors of our little country to be better.

To be honest, if i will politically choose from two governments of our nation, I will prefer the present one even if it have a little difference from the previous, My stance on that are, the progresses they made by building hospital and schools, letting the ordinary people to see what is happening outside there country by improving the media standards, better airport etc. You might argue that there are no teacher and docters, and I will not disagree. But if the next government comes, should they devort their time to building hospital or schools rather tan feeding them with teachers and docters.

People are confronting me of been on the side of the government, But they will never know my stance if they don’t read  my mails and see the details of my broken english expressions Shit why don't we have Mandinka as a written language?, Don't get me wrong, it is because Mandinka is my mother tongue. However, I am neither for the government nor for the opposition, because they are all going to disappoint the people. I am and will remain for the voice of the people on the ground.

If Yaya is spending money on donating tractors whether from his own pocket or from the tax payers money, as far as it is helping ordinary people to improve their lives, is okay to me, hemce he is not spending it in Senegal or Guinea Bisau. Business development and country development are almost the same on one hand, then again, different in a form that, one person can develop the whole business structuer but on like country development, it can take maybe two or more government to do the development completely. I wish we can be patient and be reason with the government, "am not saying that we should not be argementative on things that does not fit for our money" of course that is normal and right thing to do hence the entire scope of the plain connot be zoom at one shut.

Power to the people

Good day

Edi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~