A search in Regedit did find the offending name, and this was changed back to
the original. However on reboot the offending name had returned. I suspect
there may be a hidden batch file, or something similar, being run on bootup that
 changes the default page. Any ideas as to where this will be, it's not in the
 startup directory, or if I have to restore my registry, how do I go about it.
Even if I do restore the registry, will the problem still arise if it's running
some dodgy file on boot up.

John Murray

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com