Hello Group;
 Thanks to many helpful comments we eliminated (so far;-)) the "out of
resources" pop-ups.

 The Startup has only the following items checked: System Tray, PCHealth
and StateMgr (for ME system restore), CreateCD50, AdaptecDirectCD.

 Items left out are: ScanRegistry, Taskmonitor, Multimedia Keyboard,
SSDPSRV, MMTray, LoadPowerProfile, TCASUTI.exe, MOSearch, MDM7, Ctfmon.exe
(the latter disabled through Add/Remove Programs / Office XP/Remove
Features/Office Shared Features/Alternative User Input/Not Available).

Unchecking MOSearch and Ctfmon made a real difference, so did running
scandisk and defrag.
Cheers,
Irena.
------