From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: Astrobrd
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:02:41 EST
Subject: Re: Premium Blend
To: [log in to unmask]

--part2_ca.7135f96.29aa4c81_boundary

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your reply; this information is fine for now.

I will register my complaint with Comedy Central then, about a comedian who
appeared on Premium Blend's Episode 410 on the evening of February 15, 2002,
at 10:30 PM, EST.  I regret that I do not know his name, since I discovered
the program while it was airing.

The comedian's material involved the brutal ridicule of two sisters who are
conjoined.  While he did not mention their names, he made enough references
to specific aspects of their lives to reveal their identity nonetheless.
These sisters have appeared on television and enjoy favor in the eyes of the
general public.

Whether they are known to anyone however, is irrelevant.  People with
disabilities have long been the target of hatred and exploitation, and that
is what must stop.

On the other hand, the moral crime here is especially heinous, inasmuch as
two people with disabilities were publicly targeted because of their
disabilities, ridiculed and demeaned because of their disabilities, and every
person involved from Premium Blend to the top rung of Comedy Central has
profited financially.

What is to be the reward for the women your comedian exploited?  What can you
do to return society to a state before your comedian was first allowed to
appear on television, where these women were publicly lauded for their
staunch beliefs and insistence that they belonged to this society too?

They won their escape from institutionalization.  They live in their
community in peace and accord, and this is your response to their victory?
They had to fight to attain that for which you have never had to give second
thought: Freedom.  And you, each of whom having been born with that
proverbial spoon in your mouth, would trample that freedom?

It appears to this consumer that you've allowed the nurturing of a hostile
environment for all your consumers with disabilities, and if the behavior
demonstrated by this comedian is representative of a your general loathing
for people with disabilities, I submit that you are nurturing a hostile
environment for your employees with disabilities as well.

What is your response please?  How does this issue rate in the most important
board room of your organization?

Betty Alfred

In a message dated 2/22/2002 4:41:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> We apologize for supplying you with the wrong information. In regards to
> your question, you can write to us at <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A> and we will
> forward it to the appropriate person. At this time we are only accepting
> postcards to Viewer Services. You can send us one at:
>
> Comedy Central Viewer Services
> 1775 Broadway
> New York, NY 10019
>
> We apologize for any inconvenience.
>
> Sincerely,
> Comedy Central Viewer Services

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Dear Sir or Madam:<BR>
<BR>
Thank you for your reply; this information is fine for now.<BR>
<BR>
I will register my complaint with Comedy Central then, about a comedian who appeared on Premium Blend's Episode 410 on the evening of February 15, 2002, at 10:30 PM, EST.&nbsp; I regret that I do not know his name, since I discovered the program while it was airing.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
The comedian's material involved the brutal ridicule of two sisters who are conjoined.&nbsp; While he did not mention their names, he made enough references to specific aspects of their lives to reveal their identity nonetheless.&nbsp; These sisters have appeared on television and enjoy favor in the eyes of the general public.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Whether they are known to anyone however, is irrelevant.&nbsp; People with disabilities have long been the target of hatred and exploitation, and that is what must stop. <BR>
<BR>
On the other hand, the moral crime here is especially heinous, inasmuch as two people with disabilities were publicly targeted because of their disabilities, ridiculed and demeaned because of their disabilities, and every person involved from Premium Blend to the top rung of Comedy Central has profited financially.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
What is to be the reward for the women your comedian exploited?&nbsp; What can you do to return society to a state before your comedian was first allowed to appear on television, where these women were publicly lauded for their staunch beliefs and insistence that they belonged to this society too?&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
They won their escape from institutionalization.&nbsp; They live in their community in peace and accord, and this is your response to their victory?&nbsp; They had to fight to attain that for which you have never had to give second thought: Freedom.&nbsp; And you, each of whom having been born with that proverbial spoon in your mouth, would trample that freedom?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
It appears to this consumer that you've allowed the nurturing of a hostile environment for all your consumers with disabilities, and if the behavior demonstrated by this comedian is representative of a your general loathing for people with disabilities, I submit that you are nurturing a hostile environment for your employees with disabilities as well.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
What is your response please?&nbsp; How does this issue rate in the most important board room of your organization?<BR>
<BR>
Betty Alfred<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 2/22/2002 4:41:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">We apologize for supplying you with the wrong information. In regards to your question, you can write to us at <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A> and we will forward it to the appropriate person. At this time we are only accepting postcards to Viewer Services. You can send us one at:</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
 <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Comedy Central Viewer Services</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">1775 Broadway</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">New York, NY 10019</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
 <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">We apologize for any inconvenience.</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
 <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Sincerely,</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Comedy Central Viewer Services</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">-----Original Message-----<BR>
<B>From:</B> [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]<BR>
<B>Sent:</B> Thursday, February 21, 2002 10:08 AM<BR>
<B>To:</B> Mail @ Comedy Central<BR>
<B>Subject:</B> Premium Blend<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Tahoma" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Dear Sir or Madam:<BR>
<BR>
Please send me point of contact information for the subject television show.&nbsp; I would like the name and business e-mail address of the appropriate person, as well as his or her physical business address, in order to register a written complaint about an episode.&nbsp; Please include an office phone number as well.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Thank you for your attention to this request.<BR>
<BR>
Sincerely,<BR>
Betty Alfred<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part2_ca.7135f96.29aa4c81_boundary--