I was in Italy during the christmass holiday and to my suprise, I found out that out of the 146 catholic boys and girls who were flown to Rome for the annual catholic youth meeting, only 45 went back home to their families. The fact of the matter is, they were flown to Rome by Yahya Jammeh's own presidential flight. The condition of these young boys can only be compared to that of the street children in most under developed countries in Africa. Most of these young people had no other choice but to seek for asylum inorder to stay in Italy.
The saddest thing of all, most of them chose not to apply asylum as Gambians but rather as Liberians and Sierra-leonians. Asking them why those countries that they know so little about? They replied,  "we cannot use the name of the country, since it was the president of the country who made it possible for us to come to Europe in the first place.
We cannot denounce the leader who brought us here. We never had the chance to make it to Europe.had anybody heard of this?