Hi Linda:

It seems like the CEC (Council for Exceptional Children) or one of those agencies might already have such a list. I agree we need to get the word out to the library community.

Ravonne

>From: "Linda L. Walling" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Project idea for members
>Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:23:36 -0500
>
>There used to be a brochure like this produced by the University of Kansas. This sounds like a good idea! Linda
>\"Library Access -- http://www.rit.edu/~easi\" <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

Hello, again. Maybe someone\'s already working on this (like Ellen?), but is there a short kit on how to write about disability and on using people-first language that we can create and mail to the editors (& assistant editors) of library science, information science, and computer science journals? I\'m tired of seeing \"handicapped\" and \"disabled\" used for headlines, captions, and in articles. Perhaps this would be an effective way of heading it off.

Tanya