Ginny,

You were wondering about the extent to which Gambian opinion differed from those expressed on the list. Perhaps you were right that most of the other Gambian opinions are scarce because their non-access to the internet. Another reason may be that after access to the internet, I imagine they should be able to say what is on their mind. There is a choice of Aku, Mandingo, Wollof, Sarahule, Fula, Jola, Manjago, Serer, Creole, and possibly karoninka whichever is alphabetised. PDOIS has been working hard to alphabetise some of these languages so that Gambians can communicate their opinions to those who may not understand the languages. I wonder if you could assist PDOIS in this regard or convince the APRC that it is important that people are able to communicate their feelings and desires freely.

I understand the reason for asking your questions is because you are not familiar with the conduit of expression of true Gambian sentiment save what you read on the L. And I wish to point you in a valuable direction. If you happen to know any of the languages, or if you are interested in learning any, one of the L participants may be able to help. Or you can teach the other Gambians English so they can be able to tell you how they feel.

I enjoyed your stories on the Gambia and I'm sure you enjoyed her. Have you been able to identify something that might help Gambians?