My family will be visiting Chicago in a few weeks, staying downtown in the
Loop.  This is a business trip for me, so we may entertain a client and
his family on one evening.  Can anyone recommend relatively nice,
child-friendly (or at least child-tolerant) restaurants in the area that
have, or can accommodate a GF diet?  Recommendations for rib or Mexican
restaurants would be especially appreciated.

I also have obtained a list of restaurants in the area.  Can anyone tell
me whether any of these might fit the bill?

Carsons the Place for Ribs
Ed Debevics
Gene and Georgetti
Hard Rock cafe