Subway warning - gluten-free items, but not gluten-free preparation.
I recently attempted to eat at Subway.  I was excited about another dining
alternative.

I explained to the employee that I needed to make sure that my salad
ingredients did not come into contact with any non-gluten-free ingredients,
such as bread crumbs.  He looked at the meats and vegetables on the line and
told me that the entire line was covered with bread crumbs.  I watched the
workers touch the bread with their gloves and then touch the formerly
gluten-free ingredients with the same gloves, dropping bread crumbs as they
held the bread over the other ingredients.

Has anyone had a successful experience eating gluten-free at Subway?  I
suspect that what I experienced at Subway is the norm all over the country,
but my only experience is with Subway in the Denver area.

Very disappointing!

Joan Van Loozenoord
Denver, Colorado