I don't have a 1240 but I did just get a 1640 running on ME with no problem but I agree
about going to epson.com and checking for udated driver.  Sometimes ME freaks with
older drivers with some hardware.
Jeff

Joel M. Blackman wrote:
I still think you should go to www.epson.com and check to see if they have a
driver for Win Me. Most Win 95/98 drivers needed a patch for Win Me. Epson
is now up to the 1280, so the 1240 is not a current model. They may or may
not have upgraded the driver for Win Me. You can browse the Win Me CD and
look in the driver folder, printers, to see if there is a driver for it.
The most current driver with the latest Win Me patch, if any, is going to be
at Epson's web site.

Windows ME has support for most if not all major
printers/scanners not to mention it will probaly come
with its own software.

Robert Racki Jr.
--- "Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Does anyone have an Epson 1240 scanner and running
WindowsME? Before I
purchase it, I want to make sure that it will work
with WindowsME.

Thank you,
Susan Hays

Visit our website regularly for FAQs,