Mr. Jobe,

even if you disregard the piece from Dr. Saine's friend, you can't fail to ignore what I sent underscoring similar sentiments.  Or are you going to say that I am nonGambian too.

(1) Recall Nyimasata Sanneh's dubious activities? I informed the "L" about a meeting organized by her in preparation for the so-called birthday present to Jammeh.  I also reported that I met Nyimasata overseas and I could not reconcile the views she expressed then and her current actions.  While keeping an eye on Musa Suso's seat, Nyimasata is one of those people actively implementing the APRC's electoral schemes (registering non-Gambians, dishing out rice, planning meetings with Yahya, "defections," etc.).

(2) NIA? I did write about the NIA's campaign of terror and intimidation.  As I mentioned before, I had first-hand knowledge of NIA agents picking up folks for simply expressing their views or for associating with the "wrong" group.  I can swear to the Koran, and provide extensive details when the time comes.  I have been documenting such evidence hoping that it may be of use some day.

(3) Security Checkpoints?  Bogus security checkpoints meant to intimidate civilians and supplement the meager salaries of police and military personnel are a hallmark of our landscape.

(4) TV?  We might as well re-christen GRTS to Gambia's Ridiculous Television Services.  The station is by all definitions a propaganda arm of the APRC and Yahya Jammeh.

(5) Power outages?  Regardless of the current spin about the purchase of new generators, power outages continue to haunt us in the country.  Well, some of us have never had power supply anyway.

(6) National Assembly?  It is a disgrace to see how so many "legislators" willingly become puppets and play their roles so well in that rubber-stamp institution.  Meaningful debates? Forget it.  What Jammeh says goes (and with VIRTUALLY no questions)!  Of course we are aware of the gallantry exhibited by Sidia Jatta and Hamat Bah, as examples.

Hey, I got to stop here.  I still recommend our Canadian friend's piece.  She may have spent 3 weeks in the country, but she observed aspects of the society that some of us tend to overlook.

"Keep the Fire Burning"

Katchikally "KATS" Touray