Yusupha

Thanks for your kind comments and for expressing your concern about the pictures. As Mbaye is not subscribing to Gambia-L, I am taking the liberty to respond to your query.

First, the editorial team considers no one on the site as "thugs and murderers".  Also, I do not seem to understand your perrception that "all the people who have served in any official capacity for the govt are perpetrated as traitors and bad people ... by the way their pictures are listed on the site with a red stamp across each picture." The photo gallery, which is still under construction, has the photos of hundreds of Gambians ranging from historical figures such as Edward Small and PS Njie, to current political figures such as Ousainou Darboe, Hamat Bah, Halifa Sallah, and journalists such as Sana Manneh, Deyda Hydara, DA Jawo and my insignificant self. Surely, all of these are not thugs and murderers and all have or will have the red stamp, which is a copyright label, stamped across them. Please click on the photos to have a better view.

On our dear mum, Mrs Jow, I would be the last person to be party to anything that would hold her in contempt or disrespect or subject her to ridicule or insults. She was my teacher and I love her even as I love my own mum. The fact remains however, that she had been a public figure and it is in that capacity that she is being portrayed. I certainly hope she does not come to any harm, certainly not as a result of her appearance on ffdig.org.

I hope and pray that you do not worry yourself too much over this issue.

Baba