Kats, welcome and thanks for joining the fight.  Just started, is a fund drive to support the political parties in the up coming Presidential elections.  Will you please join us in this endeavor?  Currently, donations are received by: The Gambian Association of Chicago, P.O.Box 3324, Oak Park, IL 60303-3324.  You can send it in any form, however, if in check or money order, please put my name Joseph Sambou.  In the spirit of transparency, I have the Secretary and a member of the Gambian Association, Emil Prom and Demba Sowe, respectively, to provide a check and balance structure.  I will deposit the funds, Emil will record the transactions, and Demba will reconcile bank to book.  All three of us are Accountants/Auditors by profession.  We will also post to the L, every Friday, a listing of  all donors, their amounts, and where they sent their money from.  Please help spread the word in your community.  There are more Gambians out there than are on the L.  Again, welcome and thank you for your interest.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou