On April 10/11, 2000, Gambians and the rest of the civilized world woke up to witness the future rulers of this young nation mowed down for their inalienable right to be heard.  They died believing in that right, while the barbarians poured more of their barbarity.  Our nation have lost its innocence but our resolve to avenge this unspeakable crime remains solid as ever.  What is more fitting to see the sons and daughters of this great nation rise up again and be counted.  On the first anniversary of this trail of tears, Gambians all over pledge that never again will we stand by the sidelines and let misfits, the vile of the earth, creatures that are so beastial that even hyenas will refuse their flesh.  These heroes/sheroes died or aware wounded for love of country.  The least we can do is to bring them home by completing their mission of eliminating these rodents.  So, please join your fellow countrymen to free Gambia from a death grip.  Show your support by pledging whatever you have.  No amount is small and do not be a shame to contribute whatever is within your power.  I know that all of us in the diaspora have our families to take care of outside Gambia and at the same time are unwillingly picking up the tab for the criminals that are pillaging our nation.  Ladies and gentlemen, any dime we send to our loved ones in the Gambia is lifting the burden of this terrible group.  Under all that load each of us is carrying, I humbly ask that we once again reach out to save our great nation.  This is one occasion I will not be too proud to beg.  I know that you never failed your country.  For, it was just recently that our nation cried and we'll answered her call.  Gambia is once again crying let us stand up and be counted.  Spread the word to anyone who lends you an ear.  Not all of our countryfolk are on the L, so, please spread the word at the reggae clubs, naming ceremonies, weddings, "campe kaii", baby showers, "Chatales", "Nyetta Nyi", etc.  Please rise up and be counted.  I know you'll will not disappoint.  Our souls will not rest until we liberate every man,woman, and child from the jaws of the beast.  This is a worthy cause.  Please invest in yourself.  Our faith rests in our very hands.  I believe in us.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou