I didn't see this issue in the list archives, so I hope it hasn't been recently
asked and answered. I'm running Windows 2000 SP1 and recently discovered that
some sound events are no longer working properly. The easiest to duplicate is
when I left click on the speaker icon in the Systray to adjust the volume: I
expect to hear a 'ding' sound, but I get the PC speaker beep, instead. I found
a MS KB article on the issue, (link below), but the fix didn't work for me. Has
this happened to anyone else?

 http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q262/2/56.ASP

Jeff Delzer

                       http://freepctech.com/rode