Click here: New York NY Weather Local Forecast by Intellicast.com

This is a VERY good internet weather service.

During the last storm in the NE US I was able to check the radar in 15 minute
increments to track the movement of the snow line over NYC and onto LI as
well as gage the rate of snowfall in my home location on Long Island.

You can also have a daily e-mail sent automatically with a local weather
report.

I do not know its global coverage.

On another note: I also found a local Metro NY/NJ traffic website that you
can download realtime camera images, such as for the LIE or the GWB, and get
information such as MPH on stretches of the LIE.

Best,
Shaman