If you haven't already read it, you need to read THE DISABILITY RIGHTS
MOVEMENT by Doris Zames Fleischer and Frieda Zames.  Published by Temple
University in 2001 and costing $19.95 on Amazon.com, this book traces the
history of the disability rights movement from the 18th century to today.  It
covers language, the blind, the deaf, deaf culture, organizations, access,
the ADA, technology and much much more.  It is a must read for anyone
interested in advocacy and the history of the disability rights movement.
Personally, I can't put it down.

Check it out and let's discuss it if you've read it.  I'd love to hear what
you think about this fantastic book.

Bob Mauro - [log in to unmask]
  Visit My Website   --->     <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bobezwriter">BOB MAURO'S WEB SITE</A>
    Visit My Art Gallery --->     <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bobezwriter/art.html">BOB MAURO'S ART GALLERY</A>
     Visit My Ham Radio Web --->          <A HREF="hometown.aol.com/bobezwriter/kz2g.html"> BOB MAURO, KZ2G</A>