>I am trying to do a defragment on my computer and when I try I receive
>the message that the process had to begin 10 times because some programs
>were running.  I have deactivated the screen saver but do not know how to
>get to other programs to deativate them so they are not running so the
>derag process can take place.  Any help would be appreciated. gus clouse

Gus, I have the same problem and had to use Control Alt Delete to shut down
certain programs running in the background.  I use Norton System Works, and
have found that closing each program in that will do the trick, before I run
their Speed Disk to defrag.
Rosanne

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml